Monday 19 August 2013

John Freida: Sheer Blonde conditioning treatment


Hello ladies!

So as is fairly obvious, I have veeery blonde hair, almost white. I love having bright blonde hair but with that, comes lots of damage! Bleaching is not a good thing to do to your hair but it's the only way to achieve this colour. However now i'm working full time I have moved on from box bleach and get it done at the salon, much to my hairs delight. So seeing as I strip my hair of it's goodness every few months, i've been really into hair masques and treatments recently to try and replenish it.

Alongside using a LOT less heat on my hair, i've been trying a whole load of treatments and this one has come up trumps (that is the right saying right?). This is actually one my friend bought me for my birthday but can be purchased in Boots for £5.99 and they often have deals on such as 3 for 2 or 3 for £10 etc.

So on first impressions, you open the pot and are greeted by the nicest smell. I have no idea what the smell is, I wouldn't say it's fruity but it smells damn good and isn't too overpowering and sickly. It's a creamy consistency and not too thick so it's super easy to apply to your hair. I apply it when i'm in the bath or shower, pop my hair in a bun whilst I wash all the rest of me and then rinse it out. I always do my hair first so I can leave treatments on for as long as possible without having to get out and back in!

This is the best treatment i've used in quite a while. This leaves my hair so soft and silky and even feels a lot softer whilst it's still wet. It's less tangly and more manageable and something I have never ever had with my hair, it makes it so shiny it actually reflects light. I always thought that was only possible on brown hair or in adverts, but this bad boy gives me that! I've used this probably about 5 times now and i've only used a third of the pot so it's also going to last me a while! The only downside, I wouldn't actually say this does anything towards brightening my blonde hair despite it being specifically for blondes. However, it's definitely worth it for the conditioning properties.

PROS:
-Smells good
-Reasonable price
-Easy to use
-Silky, shiny hair

CONS:
-Blondes specific
-Doesn't brighten my blonde

Overall, I would definitely repurchase this product and recommend it if you want silky, shiny hair. It is a specific blonde product but maybe it would still be fine to use on brown hair? I'm not sure, but if you can, give it a go!

Emily xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment